The Wood Plank is a common low-tier melee weapon that can be found in many areas all throughout the Kowloon Walled City. In combat, the Wood Plank can be a useful weapon against weaker enemies like Junkies and Spiders, however, due to its low strength and durability it should only be used as a last resort.
The Wood Plank can sustain 15 hits or 4 charged attacks before breaking.
- Wood Planks can usually be found in hallways where it is used as barricades for windows and doors.
- This weapon can frequently be seen leaning up against walls usually in close proximity to doorways.
- With the large abundance of Wood Planks in each level, players can replace their used Plank in between fights for one with full durability.
- Melee weapons can be charged up for more damage and kept idle while moving around in case of an encounter.
- Players can swing their weapon and use the kick ability simultaneously to maximize their damage potential. When using this tactic, the player can prolong the Junky and Starver's hurt state, keeping them stun-locked for most of the fight.
- It's not recommended to use a melee weapon when dealing with large groups of Spiders as the player's kick ability can kill them with one hit with no cost to durability.
- The Wood Plank does not have enough durability to kill a Shadowman.
- A bug sometimes occurs where a Wood Plank taken from the wall isn't added to the player's inventory.
- There are two different world models for the Wood Plank, however, only one is used for first-person view.
- Wood Planks that are dropped from the player's inventory will not have a blue outline.