Firecrackers are distraction items that can be thrown to scare off nearby monsters for a short time.
When the Firecrackers are thrown, they emit a large amount of yellow light and produce loud popping sounds for a brief moment. All wandering or pursuing monsters in the area will run away in fear.
Firecrackers are an uncommon item, they do not have any guaranteed spawn locations.
- Firecrackers can spawn randomly from Crates, cabinets and drawers.
- Firecrackers have a chance of spawning on shelves in the large Storage Rooms found on earlier levels.
- Firecrackers have a chance of spawning in the corners of the finale rooms at the end of later levels.
- Firecrackers work well against Junkies, Starvers and Shadowmen.
- Firecrackers are ineffective against Spiders, Spitters and Creepy Kids.
- Firecrackers can be used to stop monsters from chasing the player.
- Use Firecrackers to clear out patrolling monsters from an area.
- The effect of Firecrackers is based off Chinese lore, where ghosts and evil spirits are scared off from the loud noises.
- The yellow glow from depleted Firecrackers will persist forever similar to Flares.
- Firecrackers can be moved around by the player, creating a mobile light source.